Monday, November 12, 2012

Let's get this party started!

Hey everybody,

Thanks for visiting Razorblade Tumbleweeds, sharp thoughts being tossed around in the wind. 


If you've visited this site in the past, you've probably noticed that I did a poor job keeping up with it. The problem was trying to figure out which direction I wanted to go with this. I've focused more on my Expat in Panama blog www.thestayathomegringo.blogspot.com. Now it's time to get the ball rolling with my personal blog, all about my writing, what influences me, and what makes me tick. 

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Christopher Powers. I write using the name C. Michael Powers because surprisingly there seem to be a lot of other Christopher Powers' out there in the virtual world. So C. Michael Powers it is. 


I write just about anything in all different genres, but lately, I've been drawn to the urban fantasy world. Not so much vampires and werewolves like many other urban fantasy writers. Don't get me wrong, vampires rock and werewolves are nuts, and I'm sure I'll dabble in those story lines sometime in the future, hopefully my own souped up versions, but for now I'm knee deep in this Mirror Images story line I've been working on.


So what is Mirror Images? It's what I like to call "Kick Ass Urban Fantasy." Relentless action--A love story mixed with maniacs and monsters. Mirror Images Book 1: The Darkness of Man is available now in e-book and in paperback. Check out the synopsis, and if you like what you read, please grab a copy of the book, "like" my amazon pages, read the book, and leave a review. All of that helps so much. And if you like the cover art, let me know and I'll pass the word on to my younger brother, who created the cover. That's him shoving his hand through the mirror, like only a psycho former Marine could. 




Click here on Mirror Images Book 1: The Darkness of Man by C. Michael Powers to be taken to the Kindle e-book page.

For the Paperback click here.


Here's the synopsis for book 1: 


When an average Joe's reflection in the mirror switches places with him, he finds himself trapped in a strange mirror world, battling his way back to the other side so he can stop his reflection from destroying the life he knows.

"Have you ever wondered why so many people in prison claim to be innocent? It's 'cause most of 'em are," Dozier whispered.

On the other side of the mirror, lies a horrific world where each of us has an image, our violent replica, capable of fulfilling our darkest desires, and only released into our world when we're unable to follow through with an evil deed. Gabe Cutter, an average paper pusher, has his life ripped out from under him when his image switches places with him, hell bent on destroying the life Gabe knows, and killing his cheating fiance'. Now, stuck on the other side of the mirror, Gabe must join together with a band of stranded survivors and find a way to get back to his world before his image destroys it. Along the way he battles his way through maniacs, monsters, and ultimately his own heart, as he realizes that the woman he's been trying to save...wasn't worth the price of admission.
 

***BE ADVISED. THIS BOOK CONTAINS FOUL LANGUAGE, STRONG VIOLENCE, AND SOME SEXUAL CONTENT. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T TELL YOU SO***


So as I said before, if you like what you just read:



Click here on Mirror Images Book 1: The Darkness of Man by C. Michael Powers to be taken to the Kindle e-book page.

For the Paperback click here.

Stay tuned as I start vamping this site up...no, I don't mean I'll be hanging vampires from the rafters, but I'll be kicking it up a notch. Visit again and see new tabs appear, as I strive to bring you into the Mirror Images world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment